What we have done to ensure a safe visit!
FACE COVERINGS NOW NEED TO BE WORN IN THE MODEL RAILWAYS, MUSEUM, SHOP & TEAROOMS
We are delighted to be welcoming you after we re-open on July 15th. We have put a number of measures in place to make the Devon Railway Centre COVID-19 secure for both our visitors and staff. Safety (whether COVID or railway related) is ALWAYS our number one priority.
Lots of changes have taken place and your visit to the Devon Railway Centre will still be fun, but we ask you to remember a few things:-
- You will need to book your tickets on line for a morning (10:30am-1:30pm) or afternoon (2.00-5.00pm) visit. Payment will be taken on arrival by credit or debit card only (no cash). You will need to bring a print out or screen shot of your booking confirmation.
- Check our website/social media for updates before you leave home.
- Please don’t come to visit us if you or any family member have symptoms of COVID-19. We’ll be ready to welcome you when you are feeling better.
- There will be 2 metre queue markings from the entrance into Devon Railway Centre’s small car park. No vehicles will be permitted into our small car park. All parking will be in the car park under the bridge opposite Devon Railway Centre.
- A one way system with signage will be displayed around the Railway Centre. Please follow all the instructions carefully.
- We have introduced a queuing system for our train rides and model railways. Look out for the yellow feet to stand on whilst queuing. Staff will be on hand to assist.
- We have reduced capacity on our trains by more than half and will leave a compartment clear between parties to minimise contact.
- The tea rooms is providing take away food and drinks and operates on a one in one out into the serving area. Food will be collected from the side window. All payments will be with credit/debit cards.
- New hygiene screens have been installed in both the shop & tea rooms. This will keep both visitors and staff separated.
- There will be limited capacity on our outdoor play areas. Please be considerate and share these facilities.
- We have enhanced our cleaning measures. All stools used in the model railways will be disinfected after each use. Golf clubs and balls will also be cleaned after each use. Playgrounds and picnic tables are sanitised twice daily.
- High frequency touch points will be regularly cleaned throughout the day. Trains will be cleaned after each journey and we ask for your patience whilst drivers complete this task.
- All visitors will be issued with individual wooden “button pushers” to use to activate the trains in our model railways and model village. This minimises the need to touch the buttons, these will still be cleaned during the day.
- One person or one family will be allowed into the toilets at any one time to minimise contact with others.
- Hand sanitisers have been installed around the Railway Centre for visitors to use. Our staff have been provided with their own hand sanitisers to use throughout the day.
- All staff have access to PPE and will use it depending on their roles.
DUE TO SOCIAL DISTANCING CHALLENGES AND GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS, SOME ATTRACTIONS REMAIN CLOSED.
- The play shed, our indoor soft play area. Following the government announcement on the 15th August we have looked at the guidance and our soft play area will not meet the Covid-19 restrictions so will therefore remain closed.
- The riverside picnic site – due to limited capacity on the trains we are unable to drop passengers off here.
- The indoor play coaches.
- Our drive your own coin operated cars & orbiters.
We hope that these new health and safety measures provide you with all the information you need prior to your visit and leaves you feeling confident that we are making every effort to ensure your safety.
We know we can count on you to work with us, maintaining good hygiene practices and follow the social distancing guidelines to make sure that everyone has a fun, safe visit to the Devon Railway Centre.